Next to the Code of Honor the following rules apply to the competition.
- The PROBA-V Super Resolution Challenge is open to everybody, including space experts, data-mining experts and citizen scientists.
- No nationality restrictions apply for the submission of solution files.
- The winner is determined by the lowest score after the deadline when all data has been evaluated.
- In case of a tie, the earlier submission date wins.
- The final decision on the winner is subject to whether the participants conformed to the rules as checked by ESA Advanced Concepts Team.
By submitting, the authors grant to the organizers a license to use the submission files for the purpose of verifying and publishing the challenge results.
- The use of additional public data for training of machine learning models is allowed.
- The submission of images obtained from additional data sources (e.g. satellite images in high resolution) is not allowed.
- We trust that the teams submit only images computed out of the provided set of low resolution images and will disqualify cheaters to keep the competition fair.
- Before the competition deadline, solutions, notebooks, code snippets may only be shared publicly. Private sharing between teams is thus not allowed.
- The submission limit is two submissions within 24 hours per team.
- The leaderboard during the competition uses only a part of the submission data. The complete submission data will be evaluated after the competition ends to compute the final ranking.
- Every team must submit with only one account.
- Merging teams is not allowed.